Responsibility of Third Party Sponsors
1. The authorization letter/voucher must clearly state student's name, social security number or C.U. student ID number, term(s) covered, what is and is not covered, contact person's name, phone number, fax number and billing address.
2. Campbellsville University must be notified immediately of any changes to the original letter/voucher or changes in eligibility.
3. Campbellsville University must be notified no later than August 15th for the fall term and January 15th for the spring term each year if there are special invoicing instructions other than those listed on the authorization letter/voucher.
4. Payment is due within 30 days from date of invoice. Refund of payment will not be returned for courses dropped after the census date.
5. Payments may be made via check, credit card or electronic funds transfer. Some form of student identifying information must accompany all payments.
6. It is the policy of the University to protect our student’s right to confidentiality under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Sponsors must obtain information regarding grades, transcripts, course listings or other specific information directly from the student.
Responsibility of the Student
1. Student must agree to and sign a Third Party Billing Agreement. This agreement will expire upon graduation, interruption of enrollment or termination of enrollment.
2. Student must ensure that the University is provided with a valid authorization letter/voucher from their third-party sponsor prior to the beginning of each term to avoid late payment fees and financial holds. Authorization letters/vouchers may be faxed, mailed, emailed from your sponsor, or presented in person by the student.
3. Students receiving additional assistance for books must submit a copy of their bookstore receipt to the Office of Business Services. Receipts not received will not be invoiced and payment for those books will become the responsibility of the student.
4. A sponsored student must monitor their student account status regularly. If the sponsor does not cover the total charges, it is the student’s responsibility to pay the balance owed.
5. Non-payment by the sponsor, for whatever reason, becomes an immediate liability to and the responsibility of the student.
6. It is the student’s responsibility to know the duration of the sponsorship as listed in the authorization letter. The University will not notify a student when the sponsorship has expired.
7. Additional information required by the sponsor, including grades, transcripts, course(s) and other miscellaneous information, must be supplied to the sponsor by the student.
Responsibility of Campbellsville University
1. Once the authorization letter/voucher has been received by the Business Office, the student’s account will be conditionally credited for the expected amount of the sponsor’s payment. This credit does not reflect the actual payment from the sponsor; it is used to prevent late fees, payment plan enrollment and holds of the student’s account.
2. Third party invoices will be processed monthly.
3. The initial invoice for the sponsor approved amount will be processed on September 5th for the fall term and February 5th for the spring term. Authorization letters/vouchers received after this date will be invoiced on the 5th of each month thereafter.
Third Party Contact Person: Tony Huddleston