This checklist includes both academic and non-academic steps that students need to do before graduation.
Students who plan to complete requirements for graduation in December 2015, May 2016, August 2016, or December 2016 must file an Application for Graduation with the Office of Student Records in order to generate a Graduation Application Progress Profile (GAPP). The application can be found under "Forms and Documents - Students."
Submission of the Graduation Application generates a $100.00 graduation fee charged to the student's account during the term of graduation.
- Meet degree requirements as listed in the University catalog - graduate with at least the minimum number of credit hours required by your program of study and have a 2.0 overall GPA.
- Student who have taken courses at other institutions should confirm with Student Records that official transcripts have been received.
- Pick up caps, gowns, robes, tassels, etc. from the CU/Barnes & Noble Bookstore. Masters candidates will need to secure the appropriate hood as well.
- Take any and all exams required by your college or school. (PRAXIS for students in Teacher Education.)
- Pay all student accounts including parking and library fines and the graduation fee.
- Return all library materials.
- Reserve any special services for disabled graduates or guests by calling Jennifer Lauer at 270.789.5150.
- Complete exit interviews with Business Services and/or Financial Aid if any type of federal grants or loans were received.
The requirements for graduation can be found here
This checklist is general in nature and is intended to serve as a guide for students. A formal and official list of remaining requirements is provided in the Graduation Application Progress Profile (GAPP) that each student receives after applying to graduate.